EU and International Law
he European Union law has a strong impact on everyone who engages in legal relations on the Union's territory, and this impact continues to grow stronger. The EU law permeates virtually all aspects of our lives and business. Our top knowledge and experience with the European Union law enable us to guide you through the European law and to be a partner on which our clients may absolutely rely on. EU law offers a wide range of possibilities and guaranteed freedoms, come with us to make an efficient use of them.
We focus in particular on:
adhering to the Member States obligations following from EU law;
common internal market law;
European private international law;
cross-border trade in the EU;
recognition and enforcement of judgements within the European Union;
representation before the EU Court of Justice and the General Court.
Our legal practice includes:
- preparation of expert assessments and opinions on issues from the above-listed areas,
- consultation and legal advice, communication with the authorities of the Czech Republic, other Member States as well as the European Union,
- representation in proceedings at courts, administrative authorities or during arbitration, including the EU Court of Justice and the General Court,
- preparation of impact analyses of the European law's transposition to the national legislation, or conduction researches on the European legislation in the process of preparation.
Within this specialty we can provide you with the following services:
- legal advice especially in the field of immunity, labor law and tax regimes to the embassies in the Czech Republic
- preparation of contractual documentation with an international element
- recognition and enforcement of foreign decisions in the Czech Republic
- preparation of legal opinions and consultation
Latest news in the field
Petr Bříza moderated an international seminar of jurisdiction, recognition and enforcement of judgements
On March 13 and 14, a two-day seminar was held in the Judicial Complex Na Míčánkách, moderated by partner Petr Bříza.
Petr Bříza, partner of our law firm, has been honoured to lead a full day seminar for judges, at Judicial Academy in Prague on March 7.
Wolters Kluwer Publishing House published a new book on shareholder agreements to which our partner Petr Bříza contributed.