Mgr. Tomáš Hokr, LL.M.
Charles University Faculty of Law (Masters in 2012),
Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M. in International Business and Economic Law, Certificate in International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution, in 2015)
University of Helsinki (2011)
Awards and scholarships
- Awarded with distinction for extraordinary study achievements in the whole study program and placed on Dean’s List for extraordinary study achievements in specialization (International Business and Economic Law)
- Georgetown Merit Scholarship
Main field of expertise
International Arbitration, Litigation, Public Procurement law, Business Regulation, Real Estate law.
Language of provided services
- bar exam
Membership in arbitral, vocational, proffesional and advisy institutions and boards
- Czech Bar Association
- Young ICCA (International Council for Commercial Arbitration)
- Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
- International Center for Dispute Resolution Young & International (ICDR Y&I)
Past working experience
- Hendler Lyons Flores, PLLC, Austin, Texas
Tomas is a partner at Bříza & Trubač, attorneys-at-law. Before joining Bříza & Trubač, he worked in the U.S. law firm Hendler Lyons Flores, PLLC based in Austin, Texas. In Austin, Tomas mainly dealt with dispute settlements and representing clients before the courts and other bodies.
Tomas focuses on arbitration and dispute resolution. He participated in representation in international commercial arbitration pursuant to LCIA Arbitration Rules and DIS Arbitration Rules. He has also gained experience as a member of teams representing clients and classes of clients in judicial proceedings before both state and federal courts of more than ten U.S. states
Tomáš Hokr: Refusal to License Intellectual Property under the Innovation Microscope (2015)
Petr Bříza & Tomáš Hokr: International Arbitration - 2nd Edition (Czech Republic chapter) (GLI, 2016)
Petr Bříza & Tomáš Hokr: Rome I and Rome II in Practice (Czech Republic chapter) (Intersentia, 2020)
On 8 September, a conference of young lawyers working in the field of international arbitration under the auspices of the ICC YAAF took place in Bratislava, where our partner Tomáš Hokr also spoke.
After two years, a new investor-state arbitration was initiated against the Czech Republic.