As the Internet economy rapidly grows and the digital services expands in recent years, the importance of personal data has increased as well. The risk of misuse of personal data is increasingly reflected in legislation at both national and European level. As of 25 May 2018, a new data protection regulation, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), imposes fines of up to EUR 20 million or 4% of turnover for personal data breaches. The amount of the fine will depend not only on the extent of the damage but also on the steps taken by the companies to protect personal data. Our law firm can assist you in this respect in the following ways:
- Adjusting the contractual documentation
- Drafting and revision of information texts in your web interface (consent to the processing of personal data, instructions on processing personal data, etc.)
- Drafting and revision of the General Terms and Conditions
- Setting up internal processes
- Drafting and preparation of internal regulations
- Staff training
Latest news in the field
On October 17, 2017, a seminar from Semkon on “What is GDPR and how to prepare for it” will be held in Prague.
An article by Markéta Kořínková on GDPR or personal data protection was published on the website of teh legal magazine "Právní prostor" in cooperation with the Czech Institute of Fashion Law and Industry.