International Trade and Arbitration
We help our clients minimize their risks and maximize the opportunities linked to the growing regulation of international trade with goods and services. Thanks to our knowledge and experience in this field as well as to a contact network linking top foreign experts, we are able to provide highly professional, complex and innovative legal solutions even in complex commercial disputes crossing various sectors of international trade. We have broad experience with the application of the Vienna Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) and model contract clauses like INCOTERMS, FIDIC etc.
Our legal practice includes:
- preparation, revision and assessment of contracts and contractual obligations in cases with an international element,
- participation in complex cross-border commercial transactions or in extraterritorial and multijurisdictional matters and disputes.
Our firm offers a qualified legal counselling also in the area of international commercial and investment arbitration.
Our legal practice includes:
- preparation of structured arbitration clauses,
- assistance with the selection of a convenient arbitration body,
- counselling before proceedings, conciliatory dispute resolution as well as leading of the arbitration itself in accordance with the rules of many acknowledged international arbitration centres.
- represent our clients in the consequent recognition and enforcement of the arbitration award as well as in the proceedings on actions to set aside an arbitration award or during an extrajudicial settlement.
You may also be interested:
- in the area of international investment protection, in addition to representing itself in the dispute, we are able to make a qualified assessment of the various obligations arising from international investment protection agreements, as well as the related issues of state immunity or the applicability of the so-called doctrine of necessity;
- we have experience in representation before institutions as ICC, LCIA, DIS, SCC, MORE, ICSID etc., both in direct representation of clients and in cooperation with leading foreign experts and leading foreign law firms in this field;
- thanks to our worldwide network of contacts, we are able to provide legal advice even in complex cases involving a number of jurisdictions.
Latest news in the field
Our partner Petr Bříza was entrusted with moderating of the expert discussion “Prague UNCITRAL Model Law Roundtable 2020 - Implementation of UNCITRAL Model Law in the Czech Republic”.
Monday 25.11. 2019, Petr and Marta lectured at a seminar organized by the Judicial Academy of the Czech Republic for judges on selected issues and pitfalls associated with the application of the Brussels I bis Regulation.
We are pleased to announce that Petr Bříza and Marta Zavadilová, as experts in private international law, participated in another publication.